Thursday, 20 October 2011

Similar Product Research NME Front Cover. - Tom.

NME Magazine front cover analysis.
The masthead is the red writing wrapped in white and then black, this is the NME house style and is typically associated with NME. I have chosen to study this magazine because it will help me with  ideas for my music magazine and is a well known magazine. There is a black and yellow puff underneath the masthead, this is interesting and I could put one there in my own magazine. There is a list of the best things in the magazines aligned to the left hand side of the magazine, underneath the puff. I should put this mini table of contents into my magazines to show people who like to browse the magazines cover to see if they will buy it. The picture on the front is of Alex Turner and Miles Kane,  these two are very established with the artic monkeys and now the last shadow puppets, I am going to put an artist on the front of my magazine. The barcode is rotated to fit into the page without  taking up the space used for a quote. There isn’t much whitespace in the magazine front cover and this is a good thing, I should try to cut out as much whitespace as possible in my magazine as readers find it unattractive. The NME also use a very informative style of font, however on this front cover they have used the word collaborating, which is quite a formal style of wording. The NME aim their magazine at mainly teenagers. The house style the NME use is very contrasting, the white red and black clash with each other and are in bold, this makes the text stand out to people.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good analysis as it's more detailed than others.
    Mrs R

    ReplyDelete